The Company was incorporated in 1978 to oversee operations in onshore concession areas covering approximately 21,000 square kilometers including five of the most important mainland oilfields in the region. During the first quarter of 2006, the inauguration of the North East BAB has been started.
Job Purpose & Scope
Lead and monitor ADCO Publications & media activities, including developing communication plans/schedules, preparing media releases related to ADCO news/initiatives to local community aiming at promoting a favorable corporate image for the company.
Operating Budget ($million USD)
Nature of budgetary control
Capital Budget ($million USD)
Nature of budgetary control
Contracts Value ($million USD)
Nature of budgetary control
Latitude of Operation
· Work within broad guidelines and company policies and exercise considerable authority, responsibility and control in line with delegated authorities.
· Work accomplishments are subject to Media & Publications Manager’s review.
· Regular contact with other Department Manager in the General Relations Division to organize, develop and prepare all types of events, media and necessary publications.
· Frequent contact with Extended Management Team and all other levels of Management to identify all requirements related to media and publications.
· Frequent contact with service providers, publications and media reporters.
· Occasional contacts with ADNOC and other OPCOs to exchange views and share experience on image promotion related matters.
· Efficiently lead and monitor the provision of a comprehensive range and variety of services related to Media Management; including the development and maintenance of a favorable corporate image for ADCO.
· Ensure timely completion of publications’ articles, final deliverables and advertisements.
· Ensure the proper delegated responsibility for ADCO’s corporate image as per common Standards.
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications and Public Relations or equivalent.
· 6 to 8 years of experience in Public Relations & Media.
· 3 years in a supervisory capacity.
· Customer service.
· Excellent Communication & presentation
· Time Management.
· Problem solving
· Commitment to the philosophy, mission, values, and vision of ADCO
· Responsive & Self Motivated
· Drive and enthusiasm
· Creative and flexible
· Work under pressure
· Minimal – regular walking, standing, and keyboard use for up to 80% of the work day
· 70% air conditioned office
· 30% field visits
· Understands and promotes the company’s health, safety & environmental policy and objectives; performs work in accordance with the company’s established rules, regulations and approved procedures; intervene to stop unsafe acts and practices; and is accountable for the well being and safety of own self and others, including all contracted labor force – unskilled, semiskilled, and skilled.
· Plans, directs and actively participates in the ongoing training and development of own self and subordinates with special emphasis on UAE Nationals. This includes assessing employees’ training and development needs, directing the preparation of structured development programs, monitoring progress and counseling trainees on alternative career paths and job profiles available in the company.
· Leads the implementation of the corporate identity policy aiming at enhancing the company image and prepares the Media Management related budgets and provide periodic progress reports to line management for each event, and ensures the proper tracking of media finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
· Conducts press interviews with Company visitors, press representatives and others to provide them with information on the Company's activities or to obtain information to be included in in-house publications. Prepares interview material or reviews draft material for ADCO representatives prior to press interviews to ensure adherence to established policies and guidelines.
· Supervises reports and press releases for senior staff responding to press inquiries or interviews. Checks all facts originating in ADCO for accuracy prior to release. Maintains close liaison with various Companies/institutions in the field of Press and Information to promote good working relationship and cooperation.
· Checks articles for suitability of theme including checking historical data bank of information on ADCO and its sister Companies. Reviews lay-out of publications including text preparation, montage design, proof reading and color composition, comments on changes to content or lay-out.
· Handles the production of corporation documentary films and trailers, all press releases, speeches, bulletins, annual report, calendars, diaries in UAE and abroad.
· Monitors and collects material on Company activities and operations, writes articles in Arabic and English, conducts in depth interviews with ADCO employees and with visitors. Prepares articles on non operational events such as social, educational, cultural and sports events that ADCO participates in during the year for circulation including proofreads all the various documents and other public relations materials from English to Arabic or vice versa, as required.
· Maintains Company's advertisements and publishing agreements includes receiving requested advertisements and related invoices from Supervisor, sorting out, registering required information and maintaining in related files for payment references, according to established procedures and approved subscription plans.
· Responsible for coordinating, performing or directing all aspects of media projects.
· Produces and coordinates the preparation and/or editing of media releases, reports, correspondence, written articles and advertisements to promote or support Council’s programs and initiatives such as Council News published weekly in local newspapers, Council’s internal newsletter, Community newsletters, the Annual report, and all other publications.
· Advises management on the placement of advertisement in the local media and selects designs for greetings, felicitations, and condolence.
· Initiates and prepares costs’ issues with justification through effective use of resources.
· Acts as the primary liaison for coordination between media & publications department, concerned Function/Division, & Media Management agencies.
· Creates and maintains media contact lists, liaise with individuals and media outlets and develops relationships with key media partners including PR agencies and contractors.
· Coordinates the development, production and distribution of audio-visual materials (TV & Radio CSAs), web-based advertisements and other broadcast media materials.