Monitoring and collecting material on Company activities and operations, writing articles in Arabic and English, planning, researching and writing stories, conducting of interviews and arranging, if required, for photography of any official or social activity of the Company or its personnel, taking photos when necessary and preparing of written coverage on the occasion.
- Reviewing circulars, notes, announcements and other material received from different departments in the Company and from individuals to be covered in the Company magazine and re-editing of suitable material for publication.
- Also liaison, if required, on arrangements for event photography.
- Maintaining link with field and terminal reporters and with other divisions, and having frequent contacts throughout the Company for collecting material and conducting interviews.
- Carrying out of supervision of all stages of production of the Company magazine, editing and translating all stories, including picture captions, typesetting, working out order of stories, outlining design and delivering material to external design contractor, reviewing proofs from design contractor and making of necessary changes, liaising with the printer and supervising printing of the in-house monthly magazine up to delivery of printed copies, and following up with the printers, observing deadlines.
- Preparing of tender documents and following -up for the in-house magazine printing contract.
- Updating of distribution list of the magazine on a frequent basis.
- Visiting to the field areas and JD Terminal and maintaining of good contacts with them to obtain reports to ensure flow of information.
- Carrying out of any other duties related to Public Affairs activities that may be assigned.
- Maintaining good contacts with local media
- Preparing and holding meetings of reporters from the field areas and Jebel Dhanna Terminal with the Division Manager and discussing ways of improving coverage and photography and any other issues in their areas.
- Preparing and conducting questionnaire for AL WAHA Magazine on line and analyzing the feedback and covering the results in AL WAHA.
- Taking part in the organizing Committees of the annual Long Service Awards and Family Day.
- Preparing press releases whenever required and needed.
· Minimal with ad-hoc driving in the course of duties to liaise with external contractor on design, printing and production of the magazine.
· Attending outdoors functions such as press conferences, exhibitions and other events.
· Visiting printing press offices whenever required especially during the tendering procedures of AL WAHA contract.
· Work Environment
· 85% Air conditioned office.
· 15% Visits to external contractor.
· Occasional visits to field locations and outdoor functions, as directed.
· Need for additional filing space, to keep set of old magazines and papers/ photographs. Need for space for two PCs (one on the ADCO main network, and one printer and AppleMac, for layout and design purposes.