The Company was incorporated in 1978 to oversee operations in onshore concession areas covering approximately 21,000 square kilometers including five of the most important mainland oilfields in the region. During the first quarter of 2006, the inauguration of the North East BAB has been started.
Job Purpose & Scope
· Plans and supervises a variety of administrative and inspection activities related to receipt / uplift and despatch of materials (Casing, Tubing, Line pipes, Mud/chemicals and general materials) required to meet ADCO operations.
· Controls and supervises the duties related to the freight forwarding activities (such as arranging FOB, CFR etc.) for all imported and exported materials of the company from abroad or through local suppliers, includes cargo inspection on arrival points and transport to specific destinations.
Operating Budget (Million USD)
Nature of budgetary control
Capital Budget (Million USD)
Nature of budgetary control
Contracts Value (Million USD)
Nature of budgetary control
Independence of Operation
· Operates within the established work environment in accordance with clear policies, procedures and guidelines and keeps advising of work progress.
· Regular contacts with employees at own or slightly higher level in the Warehouses and other operations locations to coordinate materials delivery and answer related queries. Frequent contacts with transport & (freight forwarding) contractors to schedule activities. Frequent contacts with mud engineers in Drilling Division to report on availability of materials advice on status of required material.
· Regular contacts with Air/seaport authorities to coordinate various issues related to the operation.
· Timely despatch/delivery of materials to the site.
Main Accountabilities & Responsibilities
a) Understands and promotes the company’s health, safety & environmental policy and objectives; performs work in accordance with the company’s established rules, regulations and approved procedures; intervenes to stop unsafe acts and practices; and is accountable for the well being and safety of own self and others, including all contracted labor force – unskilled, semiskilled and skilled.
b) Verifies and reports on availability and safe keeping of purchased chemicals in local suppliers’ warehouses. Includes carrying out physical inspection of chemical at suppliers’ premises to ensure available quantity, country of origin, shelf life, manufacturer, packing and storage are consistent with the terms and conditions of related purchase order. Investigate deviations and reports findings to Team Leader (Logistics).
c) Liaisons with Bab-13 and supervises the timely and safe transportation of accepted chemicals including ADCO purchases of Jet fuel and Kerosene to Company main warehouse and/or specified delivery points in various operation locations. Includes arranging means of transport through designated transportation contractors and supervising the loading activities.
d) Provides adequate transport and supervises loading operation and inspects loads to ensure road worthiness and compliance with Company safety procedures and applicable statutory regulations for safe transportation of inflammable and hazardous materials and items fabricated at local fabrication contractors’ facilities at Mussafah. Issues delivery notes, safety data sheet and advises receiving party at destination, as required.
e) Carries out administrative duties and co-ordinates with freight forwarders for the clearance and deliveries of imported and exported materials via Air & Sea freight. prepares Materials Movement Orders (MMO). Collects invoices received from the contractors, verifies charges and forwards for payment. Prepares monthly accruals and advises FCD for necessary action.
f) Scrutinizes and prepares Customs Release Note to Customs for all imported materials via Sea & Air freight including imports against projects. Prepares costing for tentative FOB shipments to Buyers for comparison.
g) Control the receipt and dispatch at Transit Store including inspection of materials and supervise loading and dispatch to fields to secure safe loading.
h) Conducts planned visits to the Port/Customs Authorities to discuss various issues related to the activities. Participates in periodic check/inspection on contractor handling ADCO consignments at Seaport to ensure that the materials are handled in line with the guidelines.
i) Extends active participation in the Road Safety campaigns and HSE Audits conducted in the transport contractors’ facilities. Ensures that the reports, highlighting the areas for improvements, are timely released to the contractors and follows ups and confirms that necessary corrective actions are implemented.
j) Communicates all Near-misses and Road Safety issues (that are received from Bab13 or users) to the transport contractors and ensures that the contractors’ Safety Officer is conveyed the message to the concerned action party in order to avoid recurrence of such incidents. Ensures provision of round the clock duty coverage to meet emergency requirements.
k) Participates in the ongoing training programs for the UAE national trainees in the team.
l) Acts for Senior Freight Forwarding Supervisor during all his leave of absence.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent.
· Seven years’ experience in Shipping / Logistics and expediting particularly related to oil/gas materials and equipment.
· Talent in planning and organizing the effective utilization of assigned vehicles.
· Awareness in Road Transport and Safety systems implemented by ADCO and the Traffic Authorities.
· Competence in quick learning of the updates and advancement in the practices.
· Proficiency in English language.
· Supervisory skills
· Organizing capability
· Interactive communication
· Minimal – regular walking, standing and keyboard use for up to 50% of the work in a day.
· 50% - Air-conditioned office
· 50% - Suppliers warehouse, port, Transit Store