The Company was incorporated in 1978 to oversee operations in onshore concession areas covering approximately 21,000 square kilometers including five of the most important mainland oilfields in the region. During the first quarter of 2006, the inauguration of the North East BAB has been started.
Job Purpose & Scope
· Coordinates and schedules the activity of contractors involved in Haulage of Fluids for ADCO Drilling and Field Ops.
· Understands and promotes the company’s health, safety & environmental policy and objectives; performs work in accordance with the company’s established rules, regulations and approved procedures; intervenes to stop unsafe acts and practices; and is accountable for the well being and safety of own self and others, including all contracted labor force – unskilled, semiskilled, and skilled.
· Directs and coordinates the activities of assigned contractor personnel involved in haulage of fluids and oil base mud, removal of waste fluids and transfer of oil base cuttings etc.
· Plans and ensures effective and efficient utilization of assigned tankers and vehicles. Includes planning daily movement of drivers and vehicles.
· Prepare daily operation plans and ensure haulage services are provided as per priority.
· Inspection of vehicles/tankers and operators/drivers under contract and ensure they are suitable and fit for the operations.
· Conduct Tool Box meetings with contractor’s employees handling hazardous fluids and ensure company safety guidelines are followed.
· Coordinate mobilization of equipment to fields and directing them through official move routes, ensuring no damage to ADCO properties.
· Prepare reports on haulage services required to cover emergencies such as fluids loss, well control etc. schedule.
· Visits thermal treatment plant and conduct cutting boxes and arrange periodical maintenance for boxes.
· Performs a variety of administrative duties connected with haulage of fluids including haulage of oil base mud, removal waste fluids, transfer of oil base cuttings and trip tickets, assisting in checking monthly invoices and job number allocation for accounting purposes. Feeds daily and weekly reports of contractor utilization in the computer and reports activities to Haulage Supervisor/Team Leader.
· Supervises subordinate drivers and instructs them to drive safely and to observe Company and traffic regulations. Specifies travel routes for remote locations to ensure maximum utilization of contractors. Supervises and follows up with end users.
· Carries out other similar or related duties such as organizing safety meetings to ensure drivers/operators understanding and adherences to safety precautions associated with heavy earth moving equipment and supplies transportation, inducting drivers in safe work practices. Participates and assists Rescue Operation team whenever it is required.
· Completion of Secondary (12 years) education
· Good knowledge of spoken and written English
· Good knowledge of PC packages
· 5 years experience in heavy duty transportation operations
· Valid heavy duty driving license
· Planning the work
· Conducting Meetings
· Supervision of Sub contractor
· PC (MS office, internet)
· Team work
· 60% of the time is spent on walking and standing.
· 70% of the work time out of doors and exposed to outside weather conditions.
· 30% air condition office.
Latitude of Operation
· Works according to specialized administrative standards and transport procedures. Exercises initiative in performing his duties and has a reasonable freedom for action. Completed work is reviewed by the Location Supervisor.
· Regular contacts with employees at own or slightly higher level in Drilling and Field Operations to coordinate haulage related matters. Frequent contacts with transport contractors to arrange vehicle/tankers drivers/operators availability and to verify invoices.
· Occasional contacts with local authorities while investigating accidents involving Company owned/rented vehicles/equipment.
· The position holder is accountable for the safe operation of the Company’s contracted fleet of tankers working on ADCO locations, stations and accommodation camps etc.