The Company was incorporated in 1978 to oversee operations in onshore concession areas covering approximately 21,000 square kilometers including five of the most important mainland oilfields in the region. During the first quarter of 2006, the inauguration of the North East BAB has been started.
Job Purpose & Scope
Assists in the development of the Corporate Fire and Rescue Service Training Section.
Assist in the establishment of a training standard. Develop and maintain training records of all trainees. Assist in the compilation fire training budget and utilize the proper training materials and aids according to NFPA/EN for training purposes. To develop and maintain training programs not readily available according to need.
Standard Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
· Understands and promotes the company’s health, safety & environmental policy and objectives; performs work in accordance with the company’s established rules, regulations and approved procedures; intervenes to stop unsafe acts and practices; and is accountable for the well being and safety of own self and others, including all contracted labor force – unskilled, semiskilled, and skilled.
· Manages and controls the activities of trainees and subordinates. Performs supervisory functions.
· Plans, directs and actively participates in the ongoing training and development of own self and subordinates with special emphasis on UAE Nationals. This includes assessing employees’ training and development needs, assist with the preparation of structured development programs, monitoring progress and counseling trainees on alternative career paths and job profiles available in the company.
· Performs any other related duties as and when required at the company’s discretion.
· Participates in the development of the Fire and Rescue Service Training Section.
· Implement the approved training standard, develop and maintain training records of all Fire and Rescue trainees. Participate in the compilation of fire training budget and ensure that proper training materials and aids according to NFPA requirements are utilized by training staff. To develop and maintain training programs not readily available according to need.
· Co-Audits and Co-Inspects all aspects of emergency preparedness are in place and appropriate for the identified risks, including the use of Pre-Emergency Plans and simulated emergency incident exercise programmes and mutual aid members.
· Inspects ensuring all testing and maintenance is in compliance with integrity and certification requirements, including fire systems, life support equipment, BA, PPE, communication equipment, fire fighting vehicles, fire detection and alarm systems, fire pumps, ringmain hydrants, fire water monitors, rimseal foam fire fighting systems and equipment as regards training equipment and assets.
· Conducts and particiaptes in Task Risk Assessments Critical Task Observations.
· Reviews and develops departmental procedures, training programmes, technical instructions and training manuals.
· Prepares, delivers and ensures the effectiveness of professional training of trainees.
· Conducts inspections of training facilities to ensure compliance with international and Company fire codes and standards. Initiates and recommends engineering modifications of training facilities to meet new fire prevention requirements.
· Delivers firefighting training at corporate and station level.
· Plans, delivers and actively participates in the ongoing training and development of own self and subordinates with special emphasis on UAE Nationals. This includes assessing employees’ training and development needs, monitoring progress, coach and mentor trainees on training performance.
· Assist in the development of Operations Safety training policies and procedures
· Maintains contact with training providers/ institutes
· Reviews / compiles all training records such as (Fire Service Training attendance sheet, evaluation & assessment reports exam sheets, etc.) to develop Fire service performance records for statistical records.
· Researches / recommends and assists with the procurement of safety training materials and aids including audio and visual equipment, video tapes, and classroom furnishings, basic and specialized personal protective equipment and monitoring equipment.
· Develops and implements preventive maintenance schedules for training equipment.
· Good Knowledge of English.
· Presentation/ Negotiation skills.
· Advanced Leadership skills.
· Practical firefighting ability with practical knowledge of incident command system.
· Ethical / Integrity
· Interactive Communicator
· Sitting-40% standing, working and climbing- 60%
· Potential exposure to outdoor prevailing weather conditions during practical training sessions with heavy lifting and climbing required during these periods
· 50% air conditioned office
· 50% field visits
· Manage the training program delivery.
· Mentor and Tutor trainees as regards discipline and conduct.
· Ensure and Oversee Technical assistant’s duties and work delivery.
· Manage and Mentor Trainees to ensure the highest standard of training is being delivered.
· Deliver’s Fire and Rescue Service training courses that meet the company’s safety standards, on schedule.
· Develop scheduled reports and partake in analysis related to Fire and Rescue Training.