The Company was incorporated in 1978 to oversee operations in onshore concession areas covering approximately 21,000 square kilometers including five of the most important mainland oilfields in the region. During the first quarter of 2006, the inauguration of the North East BAB has been started.
Job Purpose & Scope
Plan, manage, organize and execute the ADCO’s portfolio of events, exhibitions and sponsorship of selected events, ensuring alignment with the corporate standards and objectives and to consistently improve the corporate image. Manage events, monitor budget and control costs through effective use of resources. Act as the primary liaison for coordination between Public Affairs department, concerned Function/Division and event management agencies.
Operating Budget ($million USD)
Nature of budgetary control
Capital Budget ($million USD)
Nature of budgetary control
Contracts Value ($million USD)
Nature of budgetary control
Latitude of Operation
· Perform work in compliance with the General Relations Division plans and programs guided by Company policies, procedures and standards.
· Completed work is subject to Public Affairs Manager review.
· Regular contact with other Department Managers in the General Relations Division to organize and prepare all types of events and necessary publications.
· Regular contact with company staff at various levels up to Division VPs and Company regular and VIP visitors.
· Frequent contact with community organizations, service providers and events management companies.
· Occasional contact with Government departments, ADNOC, and other OPCOs to exchange views and share experience on image promotion related matters.
· Efficiently plan, and supervise the provision of a comprehensive range and variety of services related to Events Management; including the development and maintenance of a favorable corporate image for ADCO in all its dealings and relationships with VIPs, local and foreign organizations, government authorities.
· Ensuring that all planned and organized events are delivered in compliance with the corporate image standards, corporate guidelines and policies, and the safety standards and fire and health codes.
· Coordinate for logistical requirements involved in the event and ensure timely production and dispatch of collaterals and ensure the delivery of quality and professional services.
· Ensuring that events expenditures are consistently monitored and maintained within the set and approved budget.
· Understands and promotes the company’s health, safety & environmental policy and objectives; performs work in accordance with the company’s established rules, regulations and approved procedures; intervene to stop unsafe acts and practices; and is accountable for the well being and safety of own self and others, including all contracted labor force – unskilled, semiskilled, and skilled.
· Manages and controls the activities of assigned personnel, perform supervisory functions and exercise financial authority in accordance with the delegation of authority manual.
· Plans, directs and actively participates in the ongoing training and development of own self and subordinates with special emphasis on UAE Nationals. This includes assessing employees’ training and development needs, directing the preparation of structured development programs, monitoring progress and counseling trainees on alternative career paths and job profiles available in the company.
· Leads the implementation of the corporate identity policy aiming at enhancing the company image and prepares the Events Management related budgets and provide periodic progress reports to line management for each event, and ensures the proper tracking of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
· Establishes communication protocols and operating procedures with planning source venues, recommends and engages catering, acquires supporting technology and coordinates development of materials to execute a quality event.
· Supervises the calendar preparation for corporate events by liaising with other divisions in ADCO to collate required information.
· Organizes cross-functional meeting for finalizing event plan, circulate to all relevant stakeholders, file and archive the finalized event project plan for implementation.
· Supervises the coordination for all events management logistics, including ADCO’s special events aiming at the welfare of its employees and their families, invitation content, guest lists, catering arrangements, presentation materials, audiovisual support, media services, webcasting, photography, security procedures, messaging opportunities, collateral, gifts, etc.
· Coordinates ADCO’s attendance at nominated local or international exhibitions and supervise the preparation and design of exhibition stands, and participates in the preparation of the final guest list for events for the initial approval of the Public Affairs Manager.
· Leads the organization of representation assignments mandated by ADNOC in the Oil & Gas exhibitions locally and internationally, and the development of budget proposal to ADNOC Management.
· Supervises all operational, implementation of post-event and pre-event activities and maintain an onsite communication with delegates.
· Analyzes and evaluates, on a qualitative/quantitative basis, the effectiveness of each event based on established goals and objectives related to events production.
· Established professional relationships with event organizing agencies, caterers, contractors, audio visual concessionaires, etc, and leads the agreements negotiations to ensure highest quality of service.
· Coordinates and supervises the gifts production, while managing and maintaining the custody of appropriate stock of gift items to meet instant requirements by management and various divisions, while keeping necessary records on delivery. Ensures ongoing replenishment of stock of giveaway items.
· Plans and controls orders for photography services, flowers and chocolate/dates arrangements to employees and their direct family members on hospitalization, wedding, delivery and other special events.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Mass Communications or equivalent.
· 8 to 10 years of experience in oil and gas industry with 4 years in a supervisory capacity.
· Communication and presentation
· Analytical thinking and problem solving
· Strong negotiation and facilitation
· Time management
· Project management
· Decision making
· Commitment to the philosophy, mission, values, and vision of ADCO
· Drive and enthusiasm
· Flexibility to react to changing priorities in a dynamic business environment
· Minimal – regular walking, standing, and keyboard use for up to 70% of the work day
· 70% air conditioned office
· 30% field visits