· Work accomplishments are subject to Team Leader (HSE) review.
· Adopts and implements best industry practices and international standards (US EPA, API, IPIECA, GRI) wherever possible.
Acts as Environmental Focal point between field and Corporate HSE.
· Understands and promotes the company’s health, safety & environmental policy and objectives; performs work in accordance with the company’s established rules, regulations and approved procedures; intervenes to stop unsafe acts and practices; and is accountable for the well being and safety of own self and others, including all contracted labor force – unskilled, semiskilled, and skilled.
· Manages and controls the activities of assigned personnel in the team. Performs supervisory functions and exercises financial authority in accordance with the delegation of authority manual.
· Plans, directs and actively participates in the ongoing training and development of own self and subordinates with special emphasis on UAE Nationals. This includes assessing employees’ training and development needs, directing the preparation of structured development programs, monitoring progress and counseling trainees on alternative career paths and job profiles available in the company.
· Carries out studies, in liaison with relevant line management, to establish environmental baseline data, impact assessments and reviews of operations, projects and practices. Accordingly, identifies necessary actions to improve such practices and follows up to ensure the implementation of agreed recommendations.
· Identifies and implements sustainability initiatives in respect to environmental protection (such as but not limited to, material management, water use and effluent discharge, air emissions, energy consumption, bio-diversity conservation, solid and hazardous waste management).
· Prepares Field’s input on the environmental aspects of ADCO KPIs and 5-year business plan and provides input for technical reviews and studies of the ongoing development project, and advises Field Management on the development of relevant environmental issues within their area of responsibility.
· Participates in planning and execution of exercises to test emergency response to environmental incidents and ensures that field/ site specific aspects are incorporated into environmental contingency environmental incidents.
· Carries out regular preventive maintenance related to oil spill equipment and marine logistic support equipment.
· Advises and supports the Emergency Controller in the field’s response to any environmental incident, and coordinates remedial activities and participates in accident / incident / near miss-investigation, reporting and follow up activities as required.
· Responsible for the establishment of an environmental aspects/ issues register for all activities within the field area and regularly assesses and updates the register, moreover, carries out improvement programs for the significant environmental aspects.
· Oversees Field/Terminal contractors’ waste management activities to ensure adherence with applicable ADCO / ADNOC guidelines and Codes of Practices and provides necessary updates on ADCO’s waste management profile sheets/ waste inventory/ documents as part of ADCO waste management guidelines.
· Verifies whether all ongoing activities in the field, including PDD, EMPD and DRL activities and those of ADCO’s contractors, satisfies ADCO’s environmental practices, guidelines and standards.
· Sets environmental improvement targets in cooperation with Field/ Management and conducts inspections to rig site, waste storage and handling facilities to oversea the integrity of systems, subsequently, analyze and assess environmental performance monitoring and measuring data reported following QA/QC procedures before publication.
· Develops and ensures implementation of the field’s annual sustainability and HSE Plan (in conjunction with the concerned parties) and reports sustainability performance as per GRI, IPIECA and ADNOC Sustainability annual letter guidelines.
· Develops short and long term field environmental targets, including new projects or drilling activities, to meet ADCO’s environmental policy, aspirations and objectives and ensures that PDD, EMPD and Drilling functions establish environmental targets for their area related activities.
· Provides technical support for the effective environmental management in their respective operating fields, and periodically monitors the progress towards the targets and report according to agreed format to field Management and HSED.
· Assists HSED in developing or updating ADCO Environmental Practices, Guidelines and Standards, and executes environmental improvement initiatives with other ADNOC companies, or third parties operating in the field area to achieve synergy in cost or performance.
· Leads the implementation of Bio-diversity conservation and improvement program and promotes environmental awareness and provides advise on protection to field‘s employees, contractors and other interested parties.
· Participates in HSEMS and ISO 14001 audits and ensure close out of NCRs.
· Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering, preferably in the oil and gas discipline
· Safety Diploma is desirable
· 7 years experience, preferably within the oil and gas industry with a minimum of 3 years in a similar role.
· Budget Management
· Coaching & Mentoring
· Business acumen
· Commitment to the philosophy, mission, values, and vision of ADCO
· Drive and enthusiasm
· Interpersonal and team work
· Moderate – Physical effort required involving field visits for approximately 60% of the work time
· 40% air conditioned office
· 60% field visits