The Company was incorporated in 1978 to oversee operations in onshore concession areas covering approximately 21,000 square kilometers including five of the most important mainland oilfields in the region. During the first quarter of 2006, the inauguration of the North East BAB has been started.
Job Purpose & Scope
Plan and direct the activities of BMP team to ensure that BMP development is achieved as per set field development specifications and timeframe. To ensure that all specified and ad hoc studies implemented by ADCO and/or by external assistance are properly defined, initiated and coordinated.
Operating Budget ($million USD)
Nature of budgetary control
Capital Budget ($million USD)
Nature of budgetary control
Contracts Value ($million USD)
Nature of budgetary control
Latitude of Operation
· General work direction by the Corporate and Asset Strategy, mission and vision
· Work in accordance with established policies and procedures and in line with pre-approved authority matrix
· Work accomplishments are subject to management review
· Frequent contact with asset SVP and asset VP Development to establish the BMP development program
· Regular contact with other asset development managers and ADCO technical experts on issues related to asset development plans
· Regular contact with key external stakeholders pertaining asset master plan
· Occasional contact with technical experts or engineering companies, as and when required
· Issue the Bab Master Plan and corresponding timeframe and guidelines for future developments
· Ensure that all studies necessary to achieve the BMP development program objectives are accomplished in a timely manner
· Maintain BMP operations and delegated studies within the allocated budget
· Understands and promotes the company’s health, safety & environmental policy and objectives; performs work in accordance with the company’s established rules, regulations and approved procedures; intervenes to stop unsafe acts and practices; and is accountable for the well being and safety of own self and others, including all contracted labor force – unskilled, semiskilled, and skilled.
· Manages and controls the activities of assigned personnel in the team. Performs supervisory functions and exercises financial authority in accordance with the delegation of authority manual.
· Plans, directs and actively participates in the ongoing training and development of own self and subordinates with special emphasis on UAE Nationals. This includes assessing employees’ training and development needs, directing the preparation of structured development programs, monitoring progress and counseling trainees on alternative career paths and job profiles available in the company.
· Initiates, defines and oversees studies necessary to achieve the BMP objectives as specified, in order to identify and mitigate potential incompatibilities between existing and future developments, and maximize synergies. Prioritize projects and focuses on ongoing projects in order to minimize adverse impacts on future development.
· Reviews, approves and manages the detailed scope of the BMP with associated schedule.
· Reviews and approves the framework for data collection developed the BMP team.
· Indentifies interfaces between BMP team and other involved parties to ensure overall coordination with all involved parties in Oil and Gas production and with third parties impacting (or potentially impacted by) Bab field development. Accordingly, plans and oversees the activities of all packages involved in the BMP to ensure alignment and synchronization through the identification of issues at interface between packages and define responsibilities.
· Ensures with the support of ADCO management that focal points are clearly identified and necessary agreements put in place as needed.
· Identifies the necessary resources to perform the required studies inside and outside ADCO. Ensures necessary contractual requirements are put in place for external commitments.
· Ensures coordination for all matters related to the development studies with other ADCO divisions/departments, GASCO, third parties to ascertain BMP concerns are understood and shared.
· Establishes and controls BMP budget including delegated studies carried out by ADCO, GASCO and external parties.
· Submits periodic and ad hoc reports to SVP Bab and Gas, BMP Advisory Team and other stakeholders.
· Acts as secretary of the BMP Advisory Committee, and carry out the assigned tasks and responsibilities.
· Ensures that safety and environmental issues are integrated in the related study. In particular, control that impact to and from all stakeholders on Bab field and vicinity are integrated in the study.
· Ensures internal or external specialists expertise is provided as required.
· Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering, preferably in the oil and gas discipline
· 15 years varied experience in the oil industry, of which minimum of 7 years in a supervisory role
· Strong experience in oil fields exploration, development, planning, and/or production operations
· Solid knowledge in key business and operations business processes in the Oil & Gas industry, as well as strong analytical expertise and integration skills
· Project management
· Strategic options analysis
· Analytical skills
· Business acumen
· Commitment to the philosophy, mission, values, and vision of ADCO
· Drive and enthusiasm
· Interpersonal and team work
· Medically and physically fit to field work environment
· 50% air conditioned office
· 50% field visits